Love this guy’s vids. Im currently traveling abroad with limited gym access so I need as many in hotel room workouts as possible. These are great for on the go and modifying as you see fit.
- 2 squat pulses w/ squat jump
- Lunge jumps
- Pyramid build (I don’t know the actual name, but that sounds good. Also, this one is weirdly hard.)
- 2squat pulse w/e jump or 50 second plank
- 2 small butternut squash (deseeded and diced into cubes, it’s around 700 g)
- 5 carrots
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Good pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- Coriander (chopped to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel and chop butternut squash into small chunks and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Wash carrots and chop roughly with the skin. Place on a separate lined baking tray.
- Drizzle the coconut oil between the 2 trays.
- Season each tray with sea salt, pepper and sprinkle over cinnamon.
- Using your fingers, massage the vegetables in with the coconut oil and spices.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through and caramelised.
- Place butternut squash and carrots into a blender, add vegetable stock and ginger.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add another cup of water to adjust consistency.
- Place in a medium pot and heat for a further 4-5 mins.
- Serve and garnish with coriander
This is a great watch tv while you werk ab compilation.
During all these exercises try and keep your breathing slow and steady while your core engaged. If your hip flexors are already tight (most likely if you are a regular rider they are) they will try to jump in and take control over your abs which is no bueno. Take breaks to stretch things out.
- Russian twist
- Scissors kick
- Knees to elbows- plank
Finish with a 60 second plank hold or 15 seconds plank, 15 second left side plank, 15 seconds plank, 15 seconds right side plank.
Typically I don’t post long or elaborate recipes but this just sounds way too good not to.
Ingredients for squash:
1 medium butternut squash, trimmed, unpeeled, halved lengthwise and seeded, cut into 1-inch slices
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 teaspoons coarse sea salt
6 large plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
2 tablespoons packed dark sugar
1 ounce finely grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red chile, seeded and finely diced
Ingredients for the lime yogurt:
½ cup 2-percent-fat Greek yogurt
1½ teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice plus zest of ½ lime
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
Ingredients to serve:
¼ cup torn cilantro leaves
1 ounce cashews, toasted and coarsely chopped
Heat oven to 465°. Toss squash in 2 tablespoons oil, 2 teaspoons salt and freshly ground black pepper. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange squash in one layer and roast until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes; set aside. Reduce oven to 340°. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, arrange tomatoes in one layer, skin-side down. Top with ¼ teaspoon salt and remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and bake until soft, 80 minutes. In a bowl, combine sugar, ginger, garlic, chile and ¼ teaspoon salt; spoon onto tomatoes and continue baking until tomatoes are caramelized, 40 minutes. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, juice, zest, cardamom, remaining ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper. To serve, arrange squash and tomatoes on a platter, drizzle with lime yogurt and sprinkle with cilantro and cashews.
Hope you all are having an amazing start to the week!😀 Here's a killer chair workout to start your week off right👌 💪If you're looking for a plan to keep you on track in 2016 check the Get Fit Guide link in my bio! 12 weeks of sweaty, fat burning, muscle building fun you can do again and again🙌 🔥Total body chair burner🔥 🌟2-3 rounds🌟As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes🌟45 second break between rounds🌟 •30 Tri climbers• •10 Raised bridge R&L• •30 High taps• •16 Switch abs• •20 Tap backs• •8 Single press backs R&L• 💕Tag a friend to try with!💕 🎶Sam Hunt-Leave -House Party
Total body chair burner
2-3 rounds or As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes, 45 second break between rounds
•30 Tri climbers
•10 Raised bridge R&L
•30 High taps
•16 Switch abs
•20 Tap backs
•8 Single press backs R&L
These are great for a sweet breakfast treat or making friends at horse shows.
*Im a lemon fiend, so I typically double the vitamin C levels.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (can sub half whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 TBS chia seeds
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (can sub coconut oil)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 TBS fresh lemon juice (about one lemon)
- 6 oz. fresh (or if you are like me and can’t wait until they are back in season, frozen) raspberries mixed with 1 TBS all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 large (1/2-cup) muffin cups with cooking spray, or line with paper liners.
Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest from the lemon in long strips. Combine the zest and sugar in a food processor; pulse until the zest is very finely chopped into the sugar. Add yogurt, oil, egg, and vanilla. Pulse until blended.Combine whole-wheat flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the yogurt mixture, and fold until almost blended. Gently fold in raspberries. Divide the batter (it will be thick) among the muffin cups.
Bake the muffins until the edges and tops are golden, 18 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for five minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm.
Makes one dozen delicious, take me to work with a side of yogurt breakfast, muffins.