Im just going to place the link here because its too much to type out and I really want to try this!
- 1 1/2 cups grated cauliflower (approximately 1/2 large cauliflower head)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic, 2 cloves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 large egg whites
- Salt & pepper, to taste (I used approximately 1/4 tsp each)
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 6 basil leaves, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking/cookie sheet with parchment paper and place baking racks on top. Spray the racks with non-stick spray.
Start by cutting your cauliflower in half. Measurements are based on using a large head of cauliflower. Cut the leaves and end of the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and toss into a food processor and process until the cauliflower reaches a rice/mashed potato look. It should be processed fine. The finer it is, the better the end result will hold together.
Scoop the cauliflower into a cheesecloth or cloth napkin
Place the cauliflower into the center of the cheesecloth, pulled the edges up, twisted to close and squeezed as much liquid as I could out of the processed cauliflower.
It should have the look of rice/mashed potatoes. Place the processed cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and cook for 4-6 minutes, stopping to stir halfway through.
Once cooked, add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Using a tablespoon and a half tablespoon, scoop the bites into 1 1/2 tablespoons in size, and roll into balls. Place evenly apart on the prepared racks and bake for 20-23 minutes. At 20 minutes in, remove from the oven & rotate the bites. Place back into the oven for remaining 2-3 minutes.
- 1 1/2 Lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center.
- Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Whisk over medium high heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes and let it simmer until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and serve over zucchini pasta if desired.
I have never heard of this but super excited to try it! Think of all the options! Garlic bread, eggs Benedict, french toast! Mmm talk about #lekker
Ingredients (makes 12 pieces)
Position two racks in the middle of the oven. Heat to 350.
Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper and cooking spray or Silpat liners.
Separate the egg whites and yolks into two mixing bowls.
Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat stiff with an electric mixer. They should stiffen after 3-5 minutes of beating. Do not over-beat.
Whisk the cream cheese, salt and Splenda if using into the yolks until smooth.
Gently fold the yolk mixture into the whites. The batter should be fluffy.
Use a regular-sized ice cream scoop or 1/2 cup measure to spoon the batter onto the baking sheets. Place 6 mounds of batter on each sheet so they have room to spread.
Bake 20-22 minutes, switching racks halfway through.
Let the bread cool completely before removing from the baking sheets.
- 2 pound chuck roast trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon salt
- What ever veggies- carrots, celery, onion
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish not horseradish sauce!!
- 2 cups beef stock
Place veggies with roast on top in crock pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the horseradish evenly over the roast. Pour the beef broth around the meat (not over it, as that would wash away the horseradish).
Cook on low 10-12 hours or high 5-6 hours.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (3-4 breasts)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, finely diced
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and once melted, add the chicken breasts. Sear the chicken for 5 minutes per side. Then remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the diced red peppers and sauté another 1-2 minutes. Then add the chicken broth, cream cheese, and crushed red pepper. Simmer and stir to melt the cream cheese into the broth.
- Once the sauce is smooth, add the chicken breasts back to the skillet to warm. Stir in the chopped basil and simmer another 2 minutes before serving. Salt and pepper to taste. Slice and serve the chicken covered in the creamy pan sauce.
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 7 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 3 Tablespoonds Sesame Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Xanthium gum
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Preheat oven to 350F (160C)
Put the eggs into a bowl and beat for 1 – 2 mins on high, Add the Xanthum gum and continue beating.
Add coconut oil and melted butter to eggs, continue beating.
Add remaining ingredients except for sesame seeds. Will become quite thick
Scrape into a loaf pan lined with baking paper. Place sesame seeds on top
Bake for 40 minutes. (Remove once a skewer comes out of the middle clean).
Serving is 2 Slices.
We still can’t find turkey meat and Elliot’s never had meatloaf so here is an attempt at flavoring up a regular chicken mince loaf. It’s slightly low carb, relatively high in fat, but higher in protein… regardless not an everyday meal but a good one none the less.
You can funk this recipe up too: http://www.paleorunningmomma.com/buffalo-ranch-chicken-meatloaf-paleo/
Make it Mexican inspired, Italian… meatloaf is just a great base for anything.
- 1 yellow onion, peeled, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 zuchini peeled & grated (squeeze out water)
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- ½ large green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 2 teaspoons of fresh)
- 1 teaspoon smokey paprika
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- 1 free-range or organic egg
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 500g chicken mince
- 8 Rashers of thin streaky bacon
- Preheat your oven to 190℃.
- Finely, chop the onion, garlic, carrot, pepper and spinach. Add zucchini, place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the thyme, paprika, rolled cheese and egg and mix to combine. Add the chicken mince and squeeze together to combine the ingredients well.
- Line a 12 x 22cm greased (or lined with aluminum) loaf tin with bacon, proceed next carefully
- ONLY PLACE ON SIDES & TOP OF MEATLOAF- otherwise it will not cook evenly on the bottom. Overlap to cover base & sides of tin.
- Press the minced mixture in the tin (so it’s firmly packed), gently wrap the bacon around & sides of the mince.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes, then uncover for the last 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain the delicious juices from the tin into a little jug and invert the loaf onto a tray. Place it under a moderate grill for 5 minutes or so to crisp the bacon.
- Slice with a serrated knife and serve with the reserved pan juices.
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½ lbs. Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced or Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1½ cups Marinara Sauce (check sugar label or better yet make your own!)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (check sugar)
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese (check sugar)
- Small Eggplant sliced in 4-6 large slices length wise
- Fresh Basil Leaves, torn
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and heat for 1 minute. Add chicken and cook on 4-5 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Turn down heat to medium low and add marinara sauce. If the sauce starts to splatter, turn it down to low. Let heat for 5 minutes.
- In a separate pan lightly grill eggplant slices in olive oil until soft.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese or lay fresh mozzarella cheese slices over chicken. Add layer of Eggplant. Add parmesan cheese. Let heat until cheese begins to melt.
- Top with fresh basil.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 5 avocados
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup salsa verde (check sugar)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup grilled corn *optional
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt to taste
- Mash one avocado and mix in the chicken, salsa verde, green onions, cilantro, corn, lime juice and salt.
- Slice the remaining avocados in half and fill with the chicken enchilada mixture.
Option: Top with shredded cheese and throw it them under them broiler to melt!
Option: Serve topped with crumbled cheese like queso fresco or feta!