I can’t wait to try this! #lekker
- Servings 8
Calories 285 kcal
Author Lisa | Low Carb Yum
1 unbaked coconut flour crust https://lowcarbyum.com/coconut-flour-pie-crust-gluten-free/
15 ounce can pumpkin puree
1 1/4 teaspoon stevia concentrated powder or 3/4 cup sugar equivalent
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg not a nut for those worried
3 egg yolks
1 large egg
2/3 cup heavy cream
1.Combine pumpkin, stevia, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
2. Beat in yolks and egg until well combined.
3. Gradually stir in heavy cream.
4. Pour filling into prepared pie crust.
Bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes or until set.
5. Cool on wire rack.
Store in refrigerator.
6 g Net Carbs per slice
Total carbs can be reduced to only 6 grams by eliminating the crust
- 1 1/2 cups grated cauliflower (approximately 1/2 large cauliflower head)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic, 2 cloves
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 large egg whites
- Salt & pepper, to taste (I used approximately 1/4 tsp each)
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 6 basil leaves, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
*The number one thing I can tell you is to strain the cauliflower as best as you can.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking/cookie sheet with parchment paper and place baking racks on top. Spray the racks with non-stick spray.
Start by cutting your cauliflower in half. Measurements are based on using a large head of cauliflower. Cut the leaves and end of the cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and toss into a food processor and process until the cauliflower reaches a rice/mashed potato look. It should be processed fine. The finer it is, the better the end result will hold together.
Scoop the cauliflower into a cheesecloth or cloth napkin
Place the cauliflower into the center of the cheesecloth, pulled the edges up, twisted to close and squeezed as much liquid as I could out of the processed cauliflower.
It should have the look of rice/mashed potatoes. Place the processed cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and cook for 4-6 minutes, stopping to stir halfway through.
Once cooked, add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Using a tablespoon and a half tablespoon, scoop the bites into 1 1/2 tablespoons in size, and roll into balls. Place evenly apart on the prepared racks and bake for 20-23 minutes. At 20 minutes in, remove from the oven & rotate the bites. Place back into the oven for remaining 2-3 minutes.
I have never heard of this but super excited to try it! Think of all the options! Garlic bread, eggs Benedict, french toast! Mmm talk about #lekker
Ingredients (makes 12 pieces)
Position two racks in the middle of the oven. Heat to 350.
Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper and cooking spray or Silpat liners.
Separate the egg whites and yolks into two mixing bowls.
Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat stiff with an electric mixer. They should stiffen after 3-5 minutes of beating. Do not over-beat.
Whisk the cream cheese, salt and Splenda if using into the yolks until smooth.
Gently fold the yolk mixture into the whites. The batter should be fluffy.
Use a regular-sized ice cream scoop or 1/2 cup measure to spoon the batter onto the baking sheets. Place 6 mounds of batter on each sheet so they have room to spread.
Bake 20-22 minutes, switching racks halfway through.
Let the bread cool completely before removing from the baking sheets.
10k Trail Plan: http://3v718laqyo244ii5v20dg6ff.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/UA_TRAILRUN_10K_TRAINING_PLAN_NT_V4.pdf
1/2 Marathon Trail Plan: http://3v718laqyo244ii5v20dg6ff.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/UA_TRAILRUN_HALF_MARATHON_TRAINING_PLAN_NT_V4.pdf