Im not embarrassed to admit I have a lemon flavored anything addiction and adding coconut is just a dream come true.
Recipe (Makes 15 balls):
- 2/3 cup cashews (or macadamia)
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup Sun Warrior Vanilla protein powder (Warrior Blend)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (add more for desired sweetness)
1) Process the cashews in a food processor until it’s a fine to coarse mix. 2) Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until it turns into a crumbly sticky dough. 3) Scoop out using a melon ball scooper (or a tablespoon) and roll into bite size balls. OPTIONAL: Roll in shredded coconut or hemp seeds.
NOTE: You can substitute with brand of vanilla protein as desired. If you choose not to use protein powder simply increase the coconut and cashew measurements to 3/4 cup instead of 2/3 cup. Coconut butter can be substituted with coconut oil. Maple syrup can be substituted with sweetener of choice.
A dream written down with a DATE becomes a goal. A goal broken down into STEPS becomes a plan. A plan backed by ACTION makes your dream come true.
- 2 lbs ground turkey, extra lean
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded & liquid squeezed out
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp basil, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp coconut milk, light (canned)
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper chill flakes
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
For the Sauce:
- 1 + 1/2 cup coconut milk, light (canned)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper chili flakes, or to taste
- 5-6 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for meatballs, mix with your hands thoroughly.Make 28 meatballs by spooning heaping 1 tbsp of mixture and rolling between your hands. Lay on a cutting board or plate. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
Preheat large, 12″ or larger, skillet on high, spray with cooking spray. Add meatballs and cook until brown, for about 2-3 minutes. No need to cook the meatballs through. Add the sauce, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered. Serve warm with brown rice or brown rice noodles. Add garnish like fresh cilantro and green onions.
Storage Instructions: Refrigerate covered for up to 3 days. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Follow her for more. @ifoodreal
I realize its not summer yet, but anything I can incorporate yogurt into im down for! Now its time to Amazonprime a Pop mold.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes COOK TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 6 hours 45 minutes
- 3 cups fresh or frozen fruit, roughly chopped if large: strawberries (about 1 1/2 pints), cherries, whole blueberries, raspberries, peaches, blackberries, plums—pick your favorite!
- 2-4 tablespoons honey, maple syrup, or agave, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk (any kind dairy/non-dairy will do—I used skim. Omit if using regular vs. Greek yogurt)
- 2/3 cup prepared granola
YIELD: 6 popsicles
In a small saucepan, combine the fruit and 2 tablespoons honey. Stir gently to combine. Turn the pan to medium-high heat, then bring the fruit to steady simmer. Let cook until the fruit is a thick and jammy consistency, about 8 to 10 minutes (some fruit may need longer). Stir often so that the fruit does not burn. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla extract, then let cool to room temperature.
In a small bowl or measuring cup, stir together the Greek yogurt, milk and 1 tablespoon of honey. Taste and add additional honey a little at a time until you reach your desired sweetness. Place the granola in a small bowl, then mix it with 1/4 cup of the prepared yogurt mixture. This coats the granola and will help it soften and freeze into the popsicles.
Arrange a popsicle mold on your work surface. With a small spoon, place a generous dollop of yogurt into the bottom of each. Next, add a small scoop of granola, then a spoonful of the cooked fruit, lightly tapping the mold on the counter between layers to remove any air pockets. Continue layering the yogurt, granola, and fruit until the molds are filled. Tap the molds on the counter once more, then insert the popsicle stick. Freeze until solid, 6 hours or overnight.
To unmold the yogurt popsicles, run the mold under hot water for a few seconds (the time needed will vary based upon the temperature of your freezer). Gently remove and enjoy!
To Anyone Who Thinks They’re Falling Behind In Life
“You’re not a robot. You can’t just conjure up motivation when you don’t have it. Sometimes you’re going through something. Sometimes life has happened. Life! Remember life? Yeah, it teaches you things and sometimes makes you go the long way around for your biggest lessons.”
“You need less shame around the idea that you’re not doing your best. You need to stop listening to people who are in vastly different life circumstances and life stages than you tell you that you’re just not doing or being enough.”