Im not embarrassed to admit I have a lemon flavored anything addiction and adding coconut is just a dream come true.
Recipe (Makes 15 balls):
- 2/3 cup cashews (or macadamia)
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup Sun Warrior Vanilla protein powder (Warrior Blend)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (add more for desired sweetness)
1) Process the cashews in a food processor until it’s a fine to coarse mix. 2) Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until it turns into a crumbly sticky dough. 3) Scoop out using a melon ball scooper (or a tablespoon) and roll into bite size balls. OPTIONAL: Roll in shredded coconut or hemp seeds.
NOTE: You can substitute with brand of vanilla protein as desired. If you choose not to use protein powder simply increase the coconut and cashew measurements to 3/4 cup instead of 2/3 cup. Coconut butter can be substituted with coconut oil. Maple syrup can be substituted with sweetener of choice.