This recipe deserves a Preach hand emoticon- delish hot or cold!
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sliced brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- 1 tablespoon sliced blanched almonds
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- pepper, to taste
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in 1 tablespoon of the oil. Once the oil heats, add in the sweet potato noodles, season with salt and pepper and let cook, tossing occasionally, for 7 minutes or until cooked through and al dente. Divide the sweet potato noodles into two bowls and tent with foil to keep warm.
- While the sweet potato noodles cook, place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a small bowl and whisk thoroughly. Set aside.
- Place the remaining oil into the skillet and place back over medium heat. Add in the brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until sprouts are bright green and start to char. Add in the almonds and let cook another 1 minute to lightly toast.
- Transfer the cooked brussels to the bowls with the sweet potato noodles and add in the pomegranates and drizzle with dressing.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (3-4 breasts)
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, finely diced
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
1. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut oil and once melted, add the chicken breasts. Sear the chicken for 5 minutes per side. Then remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, sauté the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the diced red peppers and sauté another 1-2 minutes. Then add the chicken broth, cream cheese, and crushed red pepper. Simmer and stir to melt the cream cheese into the broth.
3. Once the sauce is smooth, add the chicken breasts back to the skillet to warm. Stir in the chopped basil and simmer another 2 minutes before serving. Salt and pepper to taste. Slice and serve the chicken covered in the creamy pan sauce.