File this under, I should really do this… but probably wont remember.
- 2 pound chuck roast trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon salt
- What ever veggies- carrots, celery, onion
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish not horseradish sauce!!
- 2 cups beef stock
Place veggies with roast on top in crock pot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the horseradish evenly over the roast. Pour the beef broth around the meat (not over it, as that would wash away the horseradish).
Cook on low 10-12 hours or high 5-6 hours.
10k Trail Plan: http://3v718laqyo244ii5v20dg6ff.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/UA_TRAILRUN_10K_TRAINING_PLAN_NT_V4.pdf
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (3-4 breasts)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers, finely diced
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and once melted, add the chicken breasts. Sear the chicken for 5 minutes per side. Then remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the diced red peppers and sauté another 1-2 minutes. Then add the chicken broth, cream cheese, and crushed red pepper. Simmer and stir to melt the cream cheese into the broth.
- Once the sauce is smooth, add the chicken breasts back to the skillet to warm. Stir in the chopped basil and simmer another 2 minutes before serving. Salt and pepper to taste. Slice and serve the chicken covered in the creamy pan sauce.
- 226.7 g Thick bacon or chorizo (check ingredients & added sugars), cooked and chopped
- 453.5 g Bag frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 Large eggs
- 1/4 of a medium onion thinly sliced or minced
- 1/4 cup Chopped button mushrooms
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (177.4 ml)
- 226.7 g No carb white cheese of choice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
Cook the bacon until crisp and chop. I do a whole pound in the oven and only use 1/3 for the recipe.
Grease a pie plate or 8×8 glass dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Thaw the spinach and squeeze dry. Slice the onion very thinly into half rounds or mince. Grate the cheese.
Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer until totally combined. Pour into the prepared pan and spread with a rubber spatula. Place into the middle of the oven and cook for 40 minutes.Nutrition FactsCrustless Spinach Quiche Recipe With BaconAmount Per Serving (Original recipe was altered so these may not beCalories 368 Calories from Fat 270Total Fat 30gSodium 780mgTotal Carbohydrates 4gDietary Fiber 2gProtein 20g
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 7 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 3 Tablespoonds Sesame Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Xanthium gum
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Preheat oven to 350F (160C)
Put the eggs into a bowl and beat for 1 – 2 mins on high, Add the Xanthum gum and continue beating.
Add coconut oil and melted butter to eggs, continue beating.
Add remaining ingredients except for sesame seeds. Will become quite thick
Scrape into a loaf pan lined with baking paper. Place sesame seeds on top
Bake for 40 minutes. (Remove once a skewer comes out of the middle clean).
Serving is 2 Slices.
We still can’t find turkey meat and Elliot’s never had meatloaf so here is an attempt at flavoring up a regular chicken mince loaf. It’s slightly low carb, relatively high in fat, but higher in protein… regardless not an everyday meal but a good one none the less.
You can funk this recipe up too: http://www.paleorunningmomma.com/buffalo-ranch-chicken-meatloaf-paleo/
Make it Mexican inspired, Italian… meatloaf is just a great base for anything.
- 1 yellow onion, peeled, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 zuchini peeled & grated (squeeze out water)
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- ½ large green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 2 teaspoons of fresh)
- 1 teaspoon smokey paprika
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- 1 free-range or organic egg
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 500g chicken mince
- 8 Rashers of thin streaky bacon
- Preheat your oven to 190℃.
- Finely, chop the onion, garlic, carrot, pepper and spinach. Add zucchini, place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the thyme, paprika, rolled cheese and egg and mix to combine. Add the chicken mince and squeeze together to combine the ingredients well.
- Line a 12 x 22cm greased (or lined with aluminum) loaf tin with bacon, proceed next carefully
- ONLY PLACE ON SIDES & TOP OF MEATLOAF- otherwise it will not cook evenly on the bottom. Overlap to cover base & sides of tin.
- Press the minced mixture in the tin (so it’s firmly packed), gently wrap the bacon around & sides of the mince.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes, then uncover for the last 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain the delicious juices from the tin into a little jug and invert the loaf onto a tray. Place it under a moderate grill for 5 minutes or so to crisp the bacon.
- Slice with a serrated knife and serve with the reserved pan juices.
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½ lbs. Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced or Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1½ cups Marinara Sauce (check sugar label or better yet make your own!)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (check sugar)
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese (check sugar)
- Small Eggplant sliced in 4-6 large slices length wise
- Fresh Basil Leaves, torn
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and heat for 1 minute. Add chicken and cook on 4-5 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Turn down heat to medium low and add marinara sauce. If the sauce starts to splatter, turn it down to low. Let heat for 5 minutes.
- In a separate pan lightly grill eggplant slices in olive oil until soft.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese or lay fresh mozzarella cheese slices over chicken. Add layer of Eggplant. Add parmesan cheese. Let heat until cheese begins to melt.
- Top with fresh basil.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 5 avocados
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup salsa verde (check sugar)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup grilled corn *optional
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt to taste
- Mash one avocado and mix in the chicken, salsa verde, green onions, cilantro, corn, lime juice and salt.
- Slice the remaining avocados in half and fill with the chicken enchilada mixture.
Option: Top with shredded cheese and throw it them under them broiler to melt!
Option: Serve topped with crumbled cheese like queso fresco or feta!
- 1 1/4 lbs peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp (weight after peeled)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 diced tomatoes
- 14 oz can coconut milk (check sugar!)
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- Cauliflower rice to serve over
- In a medium pot, heat oil on medium-low heat. Add red peppers and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add scallion whites, 1/4 cup cilantro, garlic and red pepper flakes, cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, coconut milk and 1/4 teaspoon salt, increase heat and bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low about 10 minutes to let the flavors blend and to thicken the sauce.
- Add shrimp and cook 5 to 6 minutes, until opaque and cooked through.
- Add lime juice.
- To serve, divide equally among 4 bowls, about 1 1/4 cups then top with scallions and cilantro.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 -1/2 cups (not including cauliflower rice)