This weekends goal is to find ground turkey and buy 50lbs of it. I miss being able to just pop to the grocery store and get it cheap.
Once I do Im going to make all of the turkey things all of the time. I love that this has zucchini folded into it. Recently read up on how good zucchini is for you and bland enough that you can sneak it into anything. Woot.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small zucchini, grated (about 1 cup)
- 2 ounces light jalapeño or pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning
- 1 cup finely diced pineapple
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 hamburger rolls, toasted
- In a mixing bowl, combine the turkey and zucchini. Season with jerk seasoning and a generous pinch of salt. Mix gently to combine to ingredients without overworking the meat. Form into 4 patties.
- Grill the burgers over medium-high heat, turning at least once, for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Top with cheese. Cover and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute to melt.
- While the burgers cook, prepare the salsa. In a second bowl, combine the pineapple, scallions, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice. Mix well and season to taste with salt.
- Top the burgers with the salsa and serve on toasted rolls.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 large red beets, peeled, cut in cubes
- 1 lg sweet potato, peeled, cut in cubes, 1/2″
- 6 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs ginger chopped
- Optional- Dollop of coconut yogurt to serve
1. In large pot, heat oil med heat. Sauté onion, garlic, ginger. Then add beets, potatoes +5 cups stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until everything is tender.
2. Add everything in a blender and mix with 1 cup stock, stir in coconut milk, add salt and pepper.
This is a super quick and easy overnight oats recipe. I like the texture much more than the traditional cooked overnight oats. Feel free to add whatever you feel like after they’ve sat overnight- fresh or died fruit, chia seed pudding, extra seeds, cocoa nibs, toasted coconut, freak what you feel!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 over ripe banana
- 1 and a 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/4 of a cup of raspberries or blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- a handful of sunflower seeds (30g)
- a handful of pumpkin seeds (30g)
- Slice the banana and place in a mixing bowl with the almond/ coconut milk and berries of choice and mash them all together with a fork.
- Add in the oats, seeds, chia seeds and sweetener (optional) and stir together.
- Place the bowl in the fridge and allow it to thicken overnight.
- Serve with cut fruit, toasted coconut flakes, and cocoa nibs