- 2 small butternut squash (deseeded and diced into cubes, it’s around 700 g)
- 5 carrots
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Good pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- Coriander (chopped to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel and chop butternut squash into small chunks and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Wash carrots and chop roughly with the skin. Place on a separate lined baking tray.
- Drizzle the coconut oil between the 2 trays.
- Season each tray with sea salt, pepper and sprinkle over cinnamon.
- Using your fingers, massage the vegetables in with the coconut oil and spices.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through and caramelised.
- Place butternut squash and carrots into a blender, add vegetable stock and ginger.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add another cup of water to adjust consistency.
- Place in a medium pot and heat for a further 4-5 mins.
- Serve and garnish with coriander