- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened almond (vanilla or unflavored) milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp liquid stevia extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 cup of the cream and the almond milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture is reduced by half (this can take 1 to 1 1/2 hours).
- Once reduced, remove from heat and whisk in protein powder and butter until smooth.
- Whisk in instant coffee, vanilla and stevia extracts and stir until coffee granules have dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
- Whip remaining 1 1/2 cups whipping cream until it just holds stiff peaks. Gently fold in cooled condensed milk mixture until well combined.
- Transfer to a container and freeze until firm, about 5 or 6 hours.
Serves 8. Each serving has 2.45 g of carbs and 0.12 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 2.33 g.
Food energy: 285kcal Total fat: 27.75g Calories from fat: 249 Cholesterol: 105mg Carbohydrate: 2.45g Total dietary fiber: 0.12g Protein: 1.73g