Ingredients; makes 12 muffins)
- 1 cup ground golden flax seed or buy flax meal already ground
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or any oil
- 1 scoop (25g) Vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (maple sugar erythritol, lakanto, coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup pecans/ walnuts chopped (pecans are lower in carbs but higher in fat)
- *top with cream cheese (check added sugars)
*Note: I like using golden flax seeds as I find the taste to be more mellow compared to dark brown flax seeds, but any color flax seed will work.
Preheat over to 325*F.
If starting with whole golden flax seed, grind it in a coffee grinder, then measure 1 cup.
Mix ingredients together in a mixing bowl in the order they are listed. You can use an electric mixer if you’d like, but be sure to add in walnuts last, after using a mixer.
Laddel batter into silicone cups or lined muffin tin.
Bake at 325*F for 18 to 22 minutes.
Estimated Nutrition Information using myfitnesspal per serving of 1 muffin, based on making 12 muffins total. Data below is based on using a sugar alcohol to sweeten, if using coconut sugar, add 10 carbs and 36 calories per muffin.
- Calories: 219
- Total fat: 20 grams
- Total Carbs: 6 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 4 grams
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Protein: 6 grams