- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1.5 inch Ginger
- 1 medium Green Chilli
- 2 small Shallots
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 stalk Lemongrass
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk (from the can)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 Large Zucchini diced in medallions
- 1 head of Bok choy chopped
- 3 large Chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- (Cauliflower rice- not included in nutrition count)
- Bruise 1 stalk Lemongrass. This will help release the aroma when cooking.
- With a pestle and mortar, pound 1.5 inch Ginger, 1 Green Chlli, 2 Shallots and 2 cloves Garlic. Alternatively, you can use a blender.
- In a pre-heated pot over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil. Once hot, add in the pounded ingredients and saute.
- After 3-4 minutes, add in 2 tsp. Turmeric Powder and the smashed Lemongrass and saute once again.
- Add in Chicken meat and mix well with the sauteed ingredients.
- Once the meat is coated, pour in 1/2 cup each Coconut Milk and Water.
- Add in 1/2 tsp. Salt and cover the pot. Let everything cook for about 20 minutes or until desired thickness is reached and chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp. chopped Cilantro over the top and serve!
*Optional-Serve with cauliflower rice
This makes a total of 3 servings of Low-Carb Chicken Curry. Each serving comes out to be about 493 Calories, 35g Protein, 5g Net Carbs, and 37.5g Protein.