Instructions (serves 4)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, extra-virgin, divided
- 2 medium-small zucchinis, cut 1/4″ thick
- 12oz. medium sized shrimp (peeled and deveined, cut tails off if desired)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini in a single layer; increase heat to high and cook until bottoms are golden, about 2 minutes. Flip zucchini and cook until golden on other side, about 2 minutes more. Remove zucchini to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Heat remaining teaspoon oil in same skillet.
- Add shrimp; sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper; sauté until shrimp are almost just cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and water; sauté, stirring to loosen bits from bottom of pan, until shrimp are cooked through and tomatoes are softened, about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Return zucchini to skillet; toss and serve.