As I head into an even lower carb diet next week, Im trying to stock up on things to try for breakfast while at work. Purely egg cups, while adorable, I can’t bring myself to microwaving. Hopefully these help!
Ingredients (Makes: 16 cups)
- 1 Egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese (preferably low-fat)
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup Franks buffalo sauce plus more for topping
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the ground chicken to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add ground chicken and mix until combined.
- Portion about a ¼ cup of mixture into a muffin tin coated with cooking spray, or if you are trying to avoid cooking spray use silicone cups or cupcake liners.
- Brush additional buffalo sauce on top if desired.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes.
Original recipe nutrients per muffin:
However, I cut out a bunch of the cheese, cut the oats in half, and added some pepper so im not sure where it lands us now. Give or take.