- 3 cups (300 grams) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 and ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (almond or regular dairy milk work well)
- 2 large eggs
- 1TBS pure maple syrup
- 2 Scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 176C. Spray a 12-count muffin pan very well with non-stick cooking spray and set aside or use silicone cups.
- Add the oats, baking powder, protein powder, cinnamon, and salt to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until fully combined. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Add the chopped apple and gently mix it in.
- Evenly distribute the mixture between all 12 cavities in the prepared muffin pan. Bake at 350°F for 25-27 minutes, or until the tops of the oatmeal cups are lightly golden brown and firm. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for about 5-10 minutes, then remove the oatmeal cups and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Oatmeal cups may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. These may also be frozen for up to 3 months, thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then reheat in the microwave.