This weekends goal is to find ground turkey and buy 50lbs of it. I miss being able to just pop to the grocery store and get it cheap.
Once I do Im going to make all of the turkey things all of the time. I love that this has zucchini folded into it. Recently read up on how good zucchini is for you and bland enough that you can sneak it into anything. Woot.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small zucchini, grated (about 1 cup)
- 2 ounces light jalapeño or pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning
- 1 cup finely diced pineapple
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 hamburger rolls, toasted
- In a mixing bowl, combine the turkey and zucchini. Season with jerk seasoning and a generous pinch of salt. Mix gently to combine to ingredients without overworking the meat. Form into 4 patties.
- Grill the burgers over medium-high heat, turning at least once, for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Top with cheese. Cover and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute to melt.
- While the burgers cook, prepare the salsa. In a second bowl, combine the pineapple, scallions, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice. Mix well and season to taste with salt.
- Top the burgers with the salsa and serve on toasted rolls.