- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 large red beets, peeled, cut in cubes
- 1 lg sweet potato, peeled, cut in cubes, 1/2″
- 6 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs ginger chopped
- Optional- Dollop of coconut yogurt to serve
1. In large pot, heat oil med heat. Sauté onion, garlic, ginger. Then add beets, potatoes +5 cups stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until everything is tender.
2. Add everything in a blender and mix with 1 cup stock, stir in coconut milk, add salt and pepper.