- 2 tsp olive oil or you could use butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 4 oz fat free yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- 16 oz (2 boneless) chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 tbsp fresh cilantro (or to taste)
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until golden.
- Add the crushed ginger, stir for a few minutes then add the garlic and cook another minute. Add cumin, garam masala, turmeric, chili powder, and salt; mix well until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, yogurt and milk. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until cooked through. Add a generous amount of chopped cilantro.