So the recipe said these were Chipotle Pumpkin Veggie Burgers, but they came out much more like fritters, not complaining but definitely not burgers. We placed them on top of a salad and they were great.
- 1 cup Cannellini beans
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Green onion
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups Rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning blend
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 5/8 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Salt-free italian seasoning blend
- 1 tbsp Oil of choice (prefer coconut)
- 3 tbsp Water
- 4 Buns (optional) toasted
Guacamole- Store bought or make it yourself. Spice it up as you like! Add to the top of your fritter.
Salad Dressing- I like to take plain hummus and mix it with Franks Hot Sauce
- Add your pumpkin, chopped chipotle peppers, and garlic to the beans and season with your Italian seasoning blend, salt, garlic powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, and chopped green onion, then stir to coat.
- Next coarsely mash your beans in a large bowl and set aside. For added texture, you can leave some of the beans in tact.
- Next grab your oats, you can leave them whole for texture’s sake, chop them, or pulse them in a blender/processor. We tried with the latter -but all three options are delicious so go with whichever method you prefer!
- Add a tablespoon of oil and stir in your oats.
- Add egg to the bowl.
- Stir to fully incorporate and attempt to roll mixture into four balls or 8 smaller ones for salad size.
- You can then place these on wax paper and put in the fridge 15min- over night before cooking. We found this didn’t really make it easier and next time will just cook them straight away.
READY TO EAT?
Pour a tablespoon or two of oil in a skillet and heat to medium-high, so the burgers sizzle when you add them to the pan!
Cook for a few minutes on each side until you’re left with a golden crust. and a warm center.