INGREDIENTS 18 muffins)
- 1 cups oats (I use old-fashioned)
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vanilla or unflavored protein powder
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 eggs or flax eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 small zucchini, grated and excess water squeezed out
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk (whole, 2%, skim or soy milk are all OK)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbs coconut oil melted (added at end)
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. Prepare muffin tins by filling each muffin cup with a paper liner and spraying with nonstick spray.
- Mix dry ingredients(oats through salt) together in a large bowl.
- Separately, mash banana and mix remaining wet ingredients in a small bow (bananas through vanilla extract). Stir until well combined.
- Stir the wet (except oil) ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Add melted coconut oil, fold into batter and mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup almost to the top.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.