- 2 cups cauliflower (finely chopped cooked)
- 2/3 cups Italian seasoned oat flour (steal cut oats in a blender till it makes a “flour” like substance and add in garlic powder, pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes)
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 13 large eggs (egg whites work too)
1. To prepare the cauliflower, first steam florets until soft. Then either finely chop with a knife, or pulse a few times in a food processor until it resembles large course crumbs.
2. Add the chopped cauliflower, oatflour, cheese and 1 egg into a large mixing bowl. Mix with a large spoon until everything is combined.
3. Preheat oven to 400F. Grease (save on grease and use cupcake cups the muffin tins of a muffin pan. Add about 1/4 cup of cauliflower mixture to each muffin tin. Use hands to compact the mixture and push it evenly down into the tin so that it fills about half of the tin. Bake for about 20 minutes until hash is a golden brown and the top and edges appear crispy.
4. Remove hash from oven. Break an egg onto each cup, removing about 1/2 of the egg white (so only half the egg white and the egg yolk goes onto each hash cup.) You can use remaining leftover egg whites for another recipe/meal. Place back in oven and bake for another 6-10 minutes until eggs reach desired doneness. You can hover over the oven during this time and turn on your oven light to check on the eggs.
5. Let egg cups cool a few minutes before removing. Use a small spatula to loosen the sides and remove each cup. Eat while warm.