- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons of marinara sauce (Check for LOW SUGAR!)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Marinara Sauce, for dipping (again with the low sugar thing)
- Mix 1/2 cup uncooked and washed quinoa with 1 1/4 cups water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil first and then lower heat. Cook the quinoa for about 15 minutes until fluffy. You should get about 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa (you only need 1 cup for the recipe, so you could always make extra pizza bites or use it another time).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 12 mini muffin tin pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Put a tablespoon into each muffin tin, packing them in.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese. Broil for about 1 minute (please watch them, they burn easily).
- After broiling, allow to cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Serve with Marinara Sauce.