- 1/2 heads cabbage (chopped)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1 cup yellow onion (or white, diced)
- 1 cup carrots (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- cayenne pepper
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add celery, onions, bell peppers, and carrots.
- Saute until slightly tender.
- Stir in garlic.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Stir in tomatoes and cabbage.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Cook until cabbage is tender.
- Stir in oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt (if using)
- Taste broth and adjust seasoning if needed.