- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sliced brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- 1 tablespoon sliced blanched almonds
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/2 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- pepper, to taste
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in 1 tablespoon of the oil. Once the oil heats, add in the sweet potato noodles, season with salt and pepper and let cook, tossing occasionally, for 7 minutes or until cooked through and al dente. Divide the sweet potato noodles into two bowls and tent with foil to keep warm.
- While the sweet potato noodles cook, place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a small bowl and whisk thoroughly. Set aside.
- Place the remaining oil into the skillet and place back over medium heat. Add in the brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until sprouts are bright green and start to char. Add in the almonds and let cook another 1 minute to lightly toast.
- Transfer the cooked brussels to the bowls with the sweet potato noodles and add in the pomegranates and drizzle with dressing.