- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 oz. fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine the ginger, garlic , tomatoes, coconut milk, spices, and chicken in your slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours. Uncover and let cool ten minutes.
- Stir together the yogurt and cornstarch in a small bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes to activate the thickeners. Stir few spoonfuls of the warm Tikka Masala sauce into the yogurt to bring the temperature up and prevent curdling. Pour the yogurt mixture into the slow cooker, stir, then let thicken for 15 minutes. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Serve over basmati rice (or any rice/ smart carb) with a sprinkling of cilantro leaves.