Ingredients (2 servings – halve recipe for just one person)
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder (Chocolate protien)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats, processed slightly in a blender or fp
pinch of salt
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup
- 1 shot (1oz.) warm espresso (if not using espresso, sub chai tea or more non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped or 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 Tbsp walnuts, crushed
- maple syrup to taste to serve
1. Add 1/2 cup of the almond milk, cacao powder and warm espresso to a blender, blend on low until smooth. Once the cacao has dissolved, you can blend in the remaining non-dairy milk, spices and sweetener. You could also whisk briskly until the cacao dissolves, but you may need to warm the non-dairy milk to get the cacao to dissolve properly.
2. Combine chia seeds, oats and sweetened and seasoned cacao liquid in a small bowl or jar. Add a pinch of salt. Stir briskly.
3. Slice you banana and crush your walnuts.
4. In one or two serving jars, layers the mixture with the banana slices, top with the crushed walnuts.
5. Place in the fridge overnight, serve chilled or warmed. Sweeten to taste to serve.