- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced (or an entire onion, if you can’t read good)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 1 1/2 t. chili powder
- 1 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. coriander
- 1/2 t. oregano
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 t. kosher salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 15 ounce can black beans
- 15 ounce can cannellini beans
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup beer (I didn’t add this and it still turned out amazing, I added another 1/2 cup of broth in its place.)
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the turkey.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, add it to the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet add the onions and garlic and cook them for 2-3 minutes until they are softened.
- Add the onions and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir everything together.
- Cover the slow cooker and set it to low. Stirring occasionally.
- Let the chili cook for 4-6 hours depending on the size and how fast your slow cooker cooks. I have a 4oz cooker and let mine cook for 4 hours alternating the heat setting between low and high.
*If you want to add other veggies to your mix I like to cook them separately and add them in at the last 45 minutes or so, otherwise I find they turn to mush in the slow cooker.