Ok, so I don’t have a slow cooker at the current moment but it will for sure be the first thing I buy after I move! Still a great recipe with out without the cooker just some timming adjustments would need to be made.
Perfect for fall- yes, I count now as fall!
- 1 lb turkey sausage (or whatever sausage you would like)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes (I love the Organic San Marzano tomatoes)
- 32 oz of chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 8 oz frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup kale (frozen or fresh)
- Fresh basil to serve
- Cook turkey, onion, and garlic over medium heat in a large saucepan
- Place inside slow cooker
- Add remaining ingredients (except basil) and stir combine
- Cook on low for 4 hours