- 4 pieces of bacon (Turkey or regular)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 14.5oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium zucchinis, noodles trimmed
- 2.5-3 cups arugula
- ¼ cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Once heated, add in the bacon slices and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip over and cook another 3-5 minutes or until crispy. Set aside on a paper-towel lined plate.
- Wipe down the skillet and place it back over medium-high heat. Add in the olive oil and once heated, add in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Then, add in the tomatoes and tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper and oregano and let cook for 10 minutes or until sauce is fully reduced.
- Once reduced, add in the arugula and zucchini noodles. Cook, tossing frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until noodles wilt and cook through. Remove from heat and stir in the parmigiano-reggiano cheese. Toss noodle mixture until cheese melts and then crumble in the bacon and give another toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.