- 1/2 c. quinoa
- 1/2 c. chia seeds
- 1/4 c. flax seeds
- 1/4 c. shredded coconut
- 1 c. rolled oats / old fashioned oatmeal*
- 1/2 c. almonds, chopped
- 1/2 c. dried blueberries
- 2/3 c. peanut butter (I buy http://www.crazyrichards.com/ cause it only has 1 ingredient… peanut butter)
- 2/3 c. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 350 F / 177 C. Line the interior of a 9 x 9 x 2-inch (23 x 23 x 5 cm) baking pan with plastic wrap.
2) On a separate sheet tray, combine the quinoa, chia, flax, coconut, oatmeal and almonds and bake for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned.
3) Meanwhile, in a large pot, mix the peanut butter and maple syrup together and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the salt, cinnamon, cardamom, and vanilla extract.
4) Add the toasted ingredients and dried blueberries, and stir until evenly coated.
5) Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and pack it down to ensure it fills into each corner and creates an even, flat surface on top. Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
6) Once set, gently remove the hardened mixture from the pan by lifting by the plastic wrap, and cut into twelve 1.5 x 4.5-inch (3.8 x 11.4 cm) bars.