These look and sound amazing! The recipe calls for zucchini but could really be done with any squash; butternut, spaghetti, yellow, etc. Specially with Fall (YAY) right around the corner just adding a couple different spices and you’d have a great Autumn meal.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 13.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch of chili powder (optional)
- ½ cup feta cheese (or cheese of
- In a large skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and petite tomatoes, stirring frequently until soft and dry.
- Crumble ground turkey, adding it to the pan. Continue to crumble while cooking. Mixture will be dry, but if it starts to stick, add a little more extra virgin olive oil.
- While cooking, split zucchini in half lengthwise. Spoon out center with a spoon or melon baller, you can reserve for salads, dressing or a smoothie or discard.
- Spoon turkey mixture into zucchini boats.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and oil grates. Carefully set zucchini onto grates use a fish spatula (or other long spatula. Grill for 4-5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese and close lid with heat off for 1-2 minutes to allow cheese to melt.
- Remove and serve!