Great little tasty power snacks.
Author: Cassie Johnston
Makes: 36 small patties
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (for extra flavor, cook in chicken or vegetable broth)
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 cup frozen, chopped spinach, thawed, and squeezed dry
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1-2 cups whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- Combine all ingredients, except the oil, in a medium mixing bowl until well mixed, adding in more breadcrumbs if necessary to achieve a mixture that will hold its shape when formed into patties. Let the mixture rest for 5-10 minutes to allow melding.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Form the mixture into small patties (about 2″ wide) and, working in batches, cook patties in heated skillet for two minutes on one side, flip and cook for an additional two minutes, or until both sides are golden brown. Let quinoa patties cool on paper towels.