Ingredients for 6 small (3 large brownies)
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 2 TBS honey (maple syrup for vegan)
- 2 TBS applesauce
- 2 TBS coconut sugar
- 1 TBS almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 TBS almond flour
- 2 TBS cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8×4” loaf pan** with coconut oil, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In the microwave or on the stovetop gently warm almond butter and coconut oil until melted. Stir until combined.
- Add honey (or maple syrup), applesauce, coconut sugar, almond milk and vanilla. Stir well.
- Gently fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in your prepared 8×4” loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until just barely set. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
**If you only have a 9×5″ loaf pan check after baking 8-10 minutes.
If you bake these for 10 mintues they will be insanely gooey…almost like warm brownie batter (YUM). The longer you bake, the heartier and less gooey they become. My favorite baking time is between 11 & 12 minutes.
Remember this makes a very small batch! To make more simply double the recipe and bake in an 8×8″ pan!