*I recommend parchment cupcake liners or silicone muffin liners for all cupcakes made with coconut flour and I know some people also grease the liners.
Ingredients (makes 8 cupcakes):
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil (olive oil or other oil, or melted unsalted butter, ghee, coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk or other milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- seeds from one vanilla bean (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Combine all the dry in ingredients, except for the vanilla seeds, and blend well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a mixer to blend well. You can use a food processor, hand or standing mixer to get it well-blended. Let the batter sit for a few minutes and mix once more. Optionally, add the vanilla beans and blend well.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way with batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool and then frost.
- Store covered for a few days at room temperature, or the refrigerator for a few weeks, or freeze for a few months.
The best part about buttercream frosting is you can add anything to it for fun flavors- chocolate, fruit puree, fruit peel zest, peanut butter, really anything goes.
- 4 tablespoons of butter (at room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons of shortening
- 5 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Mix or whisk the ingredients together until creamy and well-blended. Store in the refrigerator and use at room temperature. I use a mixer.