Ok so this is unbelievably good. I used almonds instead of walnuts and caned artichokes cause I’m not that fancy. Also, I added a handful of raw kale instead of parsley to the pesto which was really good and a great way to add in extra vitamins and extend the pesto. We ended up having enough to freeze about a half cup for the next time. For some protein I added 2 chicken breast and a packet of baby bellas. I like to make a massive amount of what ever i’m cooking so I can meal prep for the rest of the week even into the weekend.
This is the spiralizer I use (bonus arm work out).
Ingredients (Vegetarian version- feel free to add chicken or tofu)
- 1 (8 oz) pack frozen artichoke hearts; thawed or 1 can organic artichoke hearts; drained
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves; packed
- 1/2 grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup raw walnut/ almonds halves; chopped and toasted
- 1 lemon; zested and juiced
- 2 large cloves garlic; crushed and minced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon or to taste kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon or to taste freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini; rinsed and dried; julienned or spiralized
- Set oven to 450F.
- Using a spiralizer or julienne peeler, make zucchini into long, pasta like strands. If you are using a spiralizer, you may want to cut the zucchini into thirds first to make shorter strands.
- Place cut zucchini on a parchment lined baking sheet, and put it into preheated oven for about 5 minutes, or until zucchini is starting to slightly soften.
- Remove zucchini and set aside. Blot with a paper towel if zucchini is slightly damp.
- In a food processor, combine all of the pesto ingredients, except for the olive oil, and process to finely chop. When finished, and with the machine running, slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- Place zucchini noodles in a bowl, and mix with additional artichoke hearts, red pepper flakes or freshly grated parmesan cheese if desired.
- Spoon in a small amount of the pesto, and gently toss with noodles. Add in more pesto if needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Serve with additional toppings if desired and enjoy!
Pretty picture I found off the internet
Actual real life in action mid meal shot