I bought my self this spiralizer the other week and its been awesome. Spiralize all the things! Honestly, if the rest of the ingredients/ sauces/ spices are good you don’t even taste the zucchini and especially in cold noodle dishes.
I used to read peoples recipes that said “I don;t even miss traditional spaghetti anymore!” with a huge eye roll.. now i’m one of those people.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts
- for the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (or almond butter)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free tamari
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (or asian hot sauce of choice)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Water as needed to thin the sauce
- Slice the ends off the zucchini and secure it to your spiralizer. Spiralize the zucchini into long noodles and transfer to a large bowl.
- Thinly slice the cabbage and pepper, either with a knife or mandolin slicer, and add that to the bowl with the zucchini noodles, along with the scallions, cilantro, quinoa and peanuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it’s thin enough to pour — you’re looking for the consistency of a creamy dressing.
- Pour dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat. Transfer to two bowls, sprinkle with a bit more peanuts and cilantro and enjoy!