- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup white rice (long grain) or quinoa or a mix of both- get crazy
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups diced pumpkin or sweet potato
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- olive oil/ coconut oil
- salt, black pepper, sweet paprika
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180ºC
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and sweet paprika
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and cook chicken pieces until no longer pink. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add additional olive oil and cook onions for about 2 minutes then add garlic, grated ginger, thyme and pumpkin. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add rice. Stir to combine then add stock.
- Transfer skillet to the oven. Cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the oven and add in chicken pieces. Cook for another 10 minutes then check for rice doneness. Add additional water or stock, if rice is too dry or uncooked.