- ¾ cup (60 g) ground quick oats
- 1 cup (80 g) quick oats
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp (30 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp (6 g) sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp (7 g) ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 ripe banana (150 g), mashed
- 2 tbsp (30 g) applesauce
- 1 medium carrot (65 g), grated
- optional: mix in raisins, walnuts or chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix your flax egg and set aside.
- Place the ¾ cup of quick oats in a food processor or blender and grind into oat flour.
- Add the ground oats and the rest of the dry ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add in the flax egg, mashed banana, applesauce and grated carrot and mix well.
- Roll into 10 balls and place on a baking tray.
- Press the ball down to form cookie shapes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- These can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge.